October 22, 2014

a fast splash, and some slow splashes


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

We only received traces of rain from this latest storm out of the Gulf of Alaska, but it certainly has been whipping up some impressive waves.
On Monday I buzzed up to the Sonoma coast and had a snap-fest.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On Tuesday I visited the fierce waves closer to home near Rodeo Beach.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Smokey-water is what I call this technique. For you photogs, here is the info; I used an 8 stop neutral-density filter which allowed a long exposure of 8/10th of a second, f-14, ISO-100, and -1 stop of exposure compensation.


Note: I found a few dozen comments waiting to be moderated that I somehow missed. Blogger is supposed to notify me by email whenever I get a comment, but apparently either their system is not working properly, or the problem is on "my end". In any case, I'll try to keep a better eye on it henceforth. I do really enjoy getting the comments. You can always leave a comment on my Facebook page if you aren't a Blogger or Google member. My email address is in left column. --By the way, please tell your friends about this blog so my ego and "stats" can swell to unimaginable proportions.


NEWEST EDITION - Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 3
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 2
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 1

No comments:

 
under construction