June 17, 2014

the choice -- one instrument or the full orchestra


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I like to think of a photograph as music, of sorts. When I listen to a black-and-white image I often imagine that I am able to hear the purity of just one instrument.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But with more instruments--or the full orchestra so to speak, there is more risk of discord and failure. The result can easily result in quite a mess. You might agree or disagree, but I think this scene appears more cohesive and is much more appealing rendered as a black-and-white.


Photographing Marin County - the exhibit - the book       

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

I know what you mean, but in this case I love the full glory of color.

 
under construction