April 07, 2014

Redwood Creek, San Geronimo, Marin County


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've been turning a lot of my images into black and whites recently--mostly landscapes where I can darken what would have been blue, and perhaps gain some contrast by lightening what would have been the reds, but what we have here are color images, and I think the brown earth tone is important.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I assume the name is Redwood Creek--neatly hidden within San Geronimo's Redwood Canyon. Not a place many people get to see, although we now have a newly opened preserved area, the Giacomini Wilderness, nearby.


Lagunitas Creek, [the book] by Donald Kinney       

Photographing Marin County - the exhibit and book       


No comments:

 
under construction